Carbonated water is one of the most popular soft drinks today. According to statistics, the average US citizen drinks up to 180 liters of soda every year. There is no need to argue about the benefits of still mineral water: it accelerates the metabolism and promotes the removal of toxins. It is even able to prolong youth, blocking the processes of photo-aging. But what do we know about soda? How does it affect human health? This article will help you to answer the following questions:
- Does sparkling water hydrate you?
- What are the health benefits of sparkling water?
What is sparkling water (also called soda or carbonated water)?
Carbonated water is the ordinary water that has carbon dioxide (CO2) added to it. Currently, it is produced on a large scale and is available to a huge number of people, although it was previously considered an elite drink for the privileged segments of the population.
Carbonated water vs water
- Sparkling water allows you to quickly quench your thirst, better than ordinary still water.
- Activates the production of acid in your stomach. That is why mineral water with gas is recommended for people who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract, suffering from a low level of acidity in the stomach.
- The carbon dioxide contained in it is able to prevent the growth of bacteria.
- It has a high level of mineralization, contains neutral molecules, and is responsible for the enrichment of vitamins and trace elements necessary for a normal life.
Benefits of drinking soda water
Benefits of sparkling water for weight loss
Numerous studies conducted in recent years have proven that carbonated water has benefits for the weight loss process. Having a number of dietary indicators, it affects the functioning of the digestive system. In particular, it contributes to:
- It helps to improve the process of swallowing by stimulating certain nerve endings responsible for this function. It is noteworthy that the colder the drink, the more pronounced the effect becomes.
- Maintaining a sense of saturation for a longer time period. It slows down the process of digestion, reducing appetite. However, the mentioned property has a downside: the stagnation of food in the stomach can provoke a number of negative phenomena.
- Elimination of slags and toxins, elimination of constipation. One two-week experiment conducted among elderly people showed that the use of carbonated mineral water has a beneficial effect on the work of the intestines. In particular, 58% of participants suffering from regular constipation managed to normalize the stool, get rid of a delicate problem.
Helps you to stay hydrated
You also remain hydrated which is very important. One of the issues with sweet beverages is that sugar hinders hydration. So regardless of the amount of sweet natural product juices, sports beverages, or soft drinks you consume, your body will in any case get dried out. With decreased sugar, carbonated water does not cause this issue. For many individuals, changing from soft drinks or squeezes can be hard, particularly if the taste is a factor. That is the reason soda water is so advantageous. For the individuals who simply don’t care for the flavor of still water, sparkling water offers a superior taste, is simpler to expend than tap water for a few. This implies you get all the advantages of drinking water throughout the day, with sparkling water. Given that you ought to drink 64 ounces of water day by day, adding soda water will help you to ensure you drink enough water throughout a day.
This hydration will assist you with performing intellectually and truly at top levels. It will support your mindset, your focus, and ease oxidative pressure.
Helps you to stay full and reduce your calories intake
When you drink sparkling water you get the feeling of being full more than with still water. If there are no added sugars the number of sparkling water calories is 0, therefore it helps you to reduce your total calorie intake by having a feeling of being full. That feeling is significant in light of the fact that it stops the hormones in your body from telling your mind that you have the hunger and need to snack something. This can diminish the snacks you have during the day as well as eat less during meals, lessening a high caloric admission to something progressively sensible.
Carbonated water without any added sugar can be a good addition to your diet and will help you to make sure you drink enough water. And water balance is important for anyone following a healthy lifestyle. It also has hidden benefits, mentioned in the article. However, make sure you check the label and ensure that there is no sugar in the drink.