Few people know what the cup of coffee nutrition facts are, especially interesting this data will be for those who actively monitor their weight. Many people drink coffee for strength, energy, and just for fun. But still, if you are watching your health, then you better study its nutritional value. A lot of people think that having 1-2-3 cups of coffee a day doesn’t affect their calorie intake significantly, and it is indeed true if they are drinking black coffee, as it contains minimal calories. However, once you add cream, sugar, or syrup the situation changes drastically. There might be more calories in a cup of coffee with cream and sugar than in your lunch. Therefore if you are interested in losing or maintaining weight and have the question “Can you drink coffee while on a diet?” – the answer would be yes to black coffee with limited milk or cream if you cannot have black coffee straight.
Calories in black coffee
Pure coffee without additional components is considered to be a fairly low-calorie product. But when preparing this product, if a special method of cooking it is used or additives are added to improve the taste of this drink, they can have a strong impact on the nutritional value. At the same time, whatever is added to your drink, for example, sugar, cream, condensed milk, the calorie content will only increase.
And in order to understand how many calories in coffee, you should first find out what type of drink you are using and what components you add to it. This also applies to tea. The nutritional value of this product depends directly on additives to improve the taste. How many calories in coffee?
Of course, one cup of coffee does not have high-calorie content, but if it is pure black coffee. The nutritional value of one Cup of a real pure drink without sugar and cream can be 2 kcal. While the flavored latte has a nutritional value of as much as 250 kcal. And if you put 1-2 spoons of sugar and cream in a Cup, the nutritional value increases to 274 Kcal.
Different coffee drinks and their nutritional value:
Many people know that coffee can be made not only in its pure form, there are varieties that also differ in composition. Accordingly, the nutritional value of each species has some differences. In order to understand this you should consider the most famous types of this drink:
- NATURAL COFFEE. Real black coffee beans have low nutritional value. There are 2 calories in dark roast coffee. This means that one cup of 200 ml of coffee contains 4 kcal. But this is only applicable for a natural product, but if you drink it with milk, sugar, then the nutritional value will be higher;
- GROUND COFFEE. This drink does not harm the body’s weight. A Cup of 200 ml drink has 2 calories;
- INSTANT COFFEE. This type of drink is quite high in calories. There are about 6-7 calories in 100 ml of instant coffee. a 250 ml Cup of product contains 14-17 calories. However, if you add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar, its use can negatively affect the body weight;
- AMERICANO. This type of coffee includes espresso and water. Accordingly, the calorie content of the drink is not very high – 450 ml of the drink contains about 15 kcal;
- LATTE. It is served with milk, foam, espresso, and no sugar. It is milk that gives it a high-calorie content. The standard portion of the drink contains about 250 calories;
- CAPPUCCINO. The drink contains espresso, sugar, and cream, which give it an increased caloric content. A 150-180 ml portion of the product contains about 210 kcal;
- MOCHA. This is a fairly high-calorie product. It contains espresso, chocolate, chocolate syrup, and sugar. It is also served with milk, and sometimes caramel can be added instead of sugar. A standard Cup contains approximately 290 calories. For this reason, it should not be included in the diet;
- FRAPPUCCINO. It is the most calorific, served in a large mug or Cup, which contains 400 kcal and more;
Nutritional Value of Coffee Drinks – Table
It is always important to remember to incorporate the calories from all your drinks in your daily plan. The table below gives you average nutritional values for different coffee drinks to use a basis. Obviously, the value will differ, depending on the amount of cream and sugar. The latter is especially important and dangerous due to its high-calorie value. There are around 48 calories in 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 773 calories in 1 cup of sugar. So if you can, try to drink your coffee with sweeteners, or without them at all if possible.
|Drink||Volume (ml)||Nutritional Value|
Can you drink coffee while on a diet – conclusion
Many diets allow the use of coffee, the nutritional value of which in its pure form tends to zero. Various additives increase the energy value of coffee. A standard cup of black coffee will help you to wake up completely and will not harm your health. For those who are not afraid to gain extra calories, you can safely use your favorite drink, adding sugar, milk, chocolate, cream, and other fillers, getting a richer taste. However, the abuse of coffee, regardless of the type, can negatively affect health.